Monday

Craft Show Prep

This Saturday I will be at the Crofton Town Club Craft Fair. This is my first show and preparations are in the final stages! My checklist:

Confirm booth--check
Determine inventory--check
Design packaging--check
Order packaging--check
Purchase tent--check
Purchase supplies--check
Brainstorn display ideas--check
Set up Propay account--check
Order extra business cards--check
Purchase knuckle buster--today
Gather displays--tonight
Mock set-up display--Thursday
Fill inventory--on-going

I'm grateful to have a booth mate--ThirdEyeDesigns from Etsy that will be joining me that day! It is also her first show and I think it will be a good experience for us both. I don't think the fair will be too overwhelming that we need a ton of inventory and it's right before halloween and gives shoppers an early start for Christmas.

I've decided to stock a big part of this show with note sets since the prices are not too low and not too high. I'm trying to offer bits of my shop at different price points. To hit lower price points, I'm offering handmade tags, note covers with designs not yet offered on the Etsy shop. The higher priced items from my shop are decoupage frames. I'm bringing about 7 frames. If they sell like hotcakes, that would be great! I wanted to bring more, but they take so long to make and I need to be realistic about my committment to this. I will also have my business cards ready to take custom orders on-site.

I had some unexpected travel last week for my "real" job and it cut into my crafting time (how dare they?!). So hopefully the note sets I have will do well. Hey, if I sell out, that would be a great problem to have!

Now back to scoring and trimming, scroring and trimming.....

No comments: